TIME TO TEE IT UP
2019 Golf SeasonNew Season = New GoalsOur pledge drive continues throughout the season so send in your pledge today.
Our first Pledge of $1 per birdie!!
4/16 #4 PV vs. Morris Knolls
4/30 #1 PV vs. Kittatinny
4/29 #4 High Bridge Hills vs. WMC
5/2 #9 Bowling Green GC vs Jefferson
5/23 #1 #5 Mienbrook GC vs. Mt. Olive
Derek Weaver4/10 #5 Wallkill GC vs. Wallkill Valley4/24 #6 Black Bear GC vs. High Point4/29 #2 High Bridge Hills vs. WMC5/1 #3 and #7 PV vs. Lenape Valley5/2 #3 Bowling Green vs. Jefferson5/2 #4 and #9 2 EAGLES Bowling Green vs. Jefferson5/6 #2. #4, #9 at Great Gorge GC vs. Vernon5/8 #1,#2,#3,#4,#7,#9 at PV vs. Randolph5/13 #2 and #6 at Bowling Green for States Sectionals5/16 #2 at PV vs. Roxbury5/23 #1 at Minebrook GC vs. Mt. OliveNic Kratzel4/17 #1 PV vs. NWR5/13 #1 at Bowling Green GC for State SectionalsBilly Defazio4/24 #2 Black Bear GC vs. High Point4/30 #4 PV vs. KittatinnyDan Canavan#7 PV 5/1 vs. Lenape Valley5/16 #5 and #6 at PV vs. RoxburyHarrison Westfall5/6 #6 and #8 at great Gorge GC vs. VernonTyler Gehrett5/8 #2 at PV vs. Randolph
Date Opponent Location Tigers Opp. W/L 15-Apr Wallkill Valley Wallkill GC 168 197 w 16-Apr Mo Knolls PV 181 209 W 17-Apr NWR PV 185 203 W 18-Apr High Point Black Bear 170 213 W 22-Apr Blue Devil Inv Echo Lake CC 23-Apr Kinnelon Colt Inv Berkshire Valley GC 29-Apr HBH Classic High Bridge Hills GC 30-Apr Kittatinny PV 167 210 W 1-May L Valley/ Montville PV 162 193/180 W 2-May Jefferson Bowling Green GC 161 178 W 6-May Vernon Great Gorge 159 152 L 7-May Jefferson PV 181 186 W 8-May Randolph PV 163 201 W My 9 Sparta Lake Mohawk CC 181 165 L 13-May State Sectionals Bowling Green GC 361 4TH 14-May Millburn Maplewood CC ppn 16-May Vernon PV 179 188 W 20-May NJ TOC Hopewell Valley GC 21-May HWS Boys Architects GC 343 4th 28-May NJAC Boys Flanders Valley GC 358
2019 Tigers Chasing Birdie CounHackettstown High School Golf Team Rules and Regulations
1. BE ON TIME. Practices, Meetings, Departures, and most of all Tee Times.
2. Academics are the top priority for each student athlete.
3. Golfers are required to communicate with the coach BEFORE missing a practice.
Failure to do so may result in an event suspension and/or possible dismissal from
the team. (SEE BELOW)
4. Drugs, alcohol, and/or tobacco will not be tolerated. Evidence of use will result in
immediate discipline as per the HHS Student Athlete Handbook.
5. Players are expected to have golf equipment and properly take care of their golf equipment.
6. Players are expected to act appropriately on the golf course. Be courteous and polite to members, staff, players and opponents.
7. Players are expected to follow all rules of the golf course. NO bad language, throwing clubs, or other rude behaviors at any time. Remember, we are guests at the course.
8. Players are expected to give effort at all times. Each team member will have an important role to play acceptance of that role will be essential to reaching our team goals.
9. Scorecards are to be turned into me at the completion of each practice/competition round. Golf Data sheets are also to be turned into me after matches. These will be used to track a golfer’s progress throughout the entire season.
10. Players will demonstrate competence of the rules of golf by completing simple assessments on and off the course.
11. Players will dedicate some volunteer time to help at the golf course, as assigned.
12. You will support all students who choose to practice and be a part of this team.
Issued Team shirts with black or khaki pants are required on match days.
Golf shirts and appropriate golf pants are required for practice days.
Shirts must be tucked in at golf course and practice facility.
Hats may be worn if in good condition and worn appropriately, at coach’s discretion.
No Cargo pants or shorts.
All players must attend all practices for the total duration of the practice. Only illnesses and family commitments will be allowed for players to miss practice. Player/parent must contact coach to confirm absence. Failure to do so, will count as an unexcused absence. If you are sick/home for the day, you may not come to practice or competition that day.
Missing practices or matches for unexcused absence or vacation will result in making up the same amount of time you missed before you can compete. Example: You are absent three days on vacation then you must make up three days before you can compete for the team
Have pride in the program and continue to uphold the wonderful reputation of Hackettstown High School Golf and those who came before you have established. What does that mean? You are gracious in victory and defeat.
Thank the on-site staff and home pro for hosting our event.
PLAY BY THE RULES. If you don’t know the rules, you can always ask for assistance. Play with honesty and integrity at all times. Respect the course, your equipment and yourself.
Coach Michael Andrusin, PGA