The Hackettstown School District provides extensive programs for the development and enrichment of students in grades K-12. Students exhibiting gifted behavior and identified in the areas of general intelligence, specific academic ability, creative thinking, leadership ability, and exceptional talent in the arts. The program goals are as follows:
· Students will demonstrate higher level thinking processes
· Through the completion of units of study and independent investigations, students will expand their areas of knowledge and interest
· Students will demonstrate the ability to access, organize, process and communicate information
· Through grade level meetings, field trips and other opportunities for peer interaction, students will recognize their own unique potential.
· Students will develop self understanding, i.e., the recognition and use of abilities to become self-directed, appreciating similarities and differences between themselves and others