Hackettstown High School Presents...Program Description:Kean University in partnership with the New Jersey Division of Highway Traffic Safety and New Jersey State Police developed Share the Keys, a research-based, data-driven orientation designed to reduce teen driver crash risks by increasing parental involvement. NJteenDriving is funded through the Division of Highway Traffic Safety. The program is designed to provide parents with information and resources on teen driving safety.Upcoming EventsAll High school students are able to attend this program at any time during their academic career. Once completed a student does not need to attend a second time. This means a freshman that attends the program with a parent would meet the requirement and would not have to complete it again later on in their high school career. In addition, there are no prerequisites required to attend the presentation. The only requirement occurs the night of the presentation. A parent MUST accompany their child to the event. Failure to do so will result in a completion card not being issued.
6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
January 30thStudent Parking Application Information: (Accepting Applications-August 16, 2017)In order for a student parking application to be accepted by the Hackettstown Administration each student must meet the requirements listed below:
In addition, in the winter months, we do our best to keep the lots clear of snow and ice. Although, because of excessive snow removal some parking spots may be temporarily unavailable. If this occurs to your spot please report it to A-4. We will do our best to accommodate all students.For more information about NJteenDriving please click on:For a copy of the resource guide please click on:
- Submit a completed parking application. For a copy of the application Click Here. Applications are also available in room A-4. Students may start handing in completed applications on August 16, 2017, in room A4 at 8 am for the 17-18 school year.
- A submitted application must include: copy of driver’s license, registration card, a random drug and alcohol pupil consent to test form (for a copy Click Here ), a program completion card provided by the Share the Keys presenter (A parent or guardian MUST accompany the child to the program), and a check for $25.00 (made payable to H.H.S.). Incomplete applications will be returned.
- Students will be notified via the automated phone messaging system in early August when completed applications can be turned in. Once applications are processed a second phone message will be sent out in late August informing parents & students when a permits are available for pickup.
- Once an application is accepted a student can pick up their hang tag in room A-4. The numbered hang tag will correspond to the same number parking space. While on campus, the hang tag must be displayed on the rearview mirror. Each student may only park in their assigned space. Failure to do so may result in the loss of parking privilege.
- A hang tag that is lost must be replaced at the expense of the student. Replacement cost is $5.00.