Learn about Google Classroom
Google Classroom is an online tool to assist teachers in developing an online presence where they can create, assign, and collect student classwork and homework. With Google Classroom, teachers can integrate Google Tools (Docs, Sheets, Slides, & Google Drive) to create assignments, give feedback, receive student work, and maintain academic discussion through whole class announcements--all without using any paper. It only takes a few clicks to be up and running!
When teachers create assignments in Google Classroom, folders are automatically created in the students' Google Drives. Teachers select options for sharing that include sharing to the whole class (assignment or project instructions) or distribute documents for each individual student (project template or format). They can see who has completed the work at a glance and even assign grades. Teachers enter due dates that appear on the students' individual assignments page. Students remain informed and receive constant updates regarding submissions, grades, assignments, and communications.
This section of the district's Web site provides some valuable resources and information regarding the setup and use of Google Classroom. Please click on the various sections on the left navigation menu to investigate more about Google Classroom.
- Affordable and secure - Like the rest of our Google Apps for Education services, Classroom contains no ads, never uses your content or student data for advertising purposes, and is free for schools.
- Easy to setup - Teachers can add students directly or share a code with their class to join. It takes just minutes to set up.
- Create and collect assignments -Classroom integrates Google Apps for Education offerings to help teachers create and collect assignments without the use of paper. Effortlessly, teachers can see who has or has not completed the work, and provide direct, real-time feedback to individual students.
- Saves time - The simple, paperless assignment workflow allows teachers to create, review, and grade assignments quickly, all in one place.
- Improve class communications - Teachers can make announcements, ask questions and communicate academically with students in real time—improving communication.
- Improves organization - Classroom automatically creates Google Drive folders for each assignment and for each student. Students can easily see what is due on their Assignments page.