Hello, .Welcome to my homepage!
Name: Linda Rygielski!Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: (908) 852-8554 ext. 837* Please note: The best way to contact me is via email.For additional material that will be helpful for your student please click here.Welcome to Mrs. Rygielski's 8th grade Social Studies class where you will learn to MAKE YOUR LIFE EXTRAORDINARY because as in the words of our National AIr and Space Program "FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION"------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This class is the study of "US"
CONTENT OVERVIEW :· U.S. CONSTITUTION :THE LAW OF THE LAND
- We will see what we were up to in America between the years 1787 and 1865.
- We formatted a Constitution and created a government unlike any other
- We expanded our holdings moving westward creating towns, cities and societies that would plant the roots which would allow
- future generations to sprout wings that took our nation to the top -- a power to be reckoned with.
- Lewis and Clark , George Washington,James Madison, Alexander Hamilton and Abraham Lincoln are
- just some of the characters who had leading roles in the creation of "US"
· THE PREAMBLE
· THE SEVEN ARTICLES THAT MAKE UP THE CONSTITUTION
· THE BILL OF RIGHTS
· THE 27 AMENDMENTS
· THE SIX BIG IDEAS IN THE CONSTITUTION
· HOW DO WE ELECT A PRESIDENT
· ELECTORAL COLLEGE: IS IT A SCHOOL?
· POLITICAL PARTIES: NO THESE ARE NOT PARTIES AS IN BALLOONS AND PRESENTS!
· WHAT IS A POLITICAL PLATFORM
· DEMOCRACY: OUR FORM OF GOVERNMENT
· A REPUBLIC: ALSO OUR FORM OF GOVERNMENT!· DEMOCRATS VS. REPUBLICANS
· FEDERALIST AND FEDERALISM
· GEORGE WASHINGTON 'S ADMINSITRATION
· SHAY'S REBELLION
- WHISKEY REBELLION
· THE FIRST CABINET
· HAMILTON S FINANCIAL PLANAND...
IN CLASS EXPECT:
- · PRECIDENTS SET BY THE FIRST PRESIDENT
- WAR OF 1812
- TEXAS REBELLION
- INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
- WAR WITH MEXICO
- THE CALIFORNIA GOLD RUSH
- CAUSES OF THE CIVIL WAR: A COUNTRY DIVIDED
- THE CIVIL WAR/ THE WAR BETWEEN THE STATES !!!
Here you the student will be thinking and reading as writers. Our non-fiction Units will cover a variety of writing personas : narrative, persuasive, explanatory ; ALL EVIDENCE BASED. !! We will write several research papers and essays.You will write in a Writers Notebook. in which you will also take notes. You will write to share your opinions, your ideas and your thoughts .You will even pen a poem or few.
- Evidence Based Writing
EVIDENCE BASED READING?/ iNFORMATIONAL tEXT
NON-FICTION AND NEWS ARTICLES
DBQ - DOCUMENT BASED INFORMATION
BLENDED LEARNING LABs
YOU WILL USE TECHNOLOGY AS WELL AS PAPER AND PENCIL AS A TOOL TO LEARN TO RESEARCH, TO VERIFY INFORMATION, AND SOURCES AND TO FACT CHECK ALL AND I MEAN ALL YOUR INFORMATION.
YOU WILL DEBATE AND LEARN TO DEFEND YOUR CLAIM AND YOUR PERSPECTIVE.
HOWEVER, YOUR PERSPECTIVE NEEDS TO BE BACKED BY FACT !