Science National Honor SocietyAdvisor: Mrs. Kristen MillerThe Science National Honor Society was organized in 2000 with the following objectives:
· To encourage and recognize scientific and intellectual thought
· To advance students’ knowledge of classical and modern science
· To communicate with the scientific community
· To aid the civic community with its comprehension of science and
· To encourage students to participate in community service and in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all of mankind.
The motto inscribed in Latin on the Science NHS shield translates: “Fortunate is one who understands the causes of things.” It is indeed fortunate to have students like these here tonight who are willing to share their understanding of “the causes of things” with other students and community members. Thus spreading the knowledge of science all over the world.REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERSHIP:
- Weighted 93 average in science classes.
- Weighted 90 average overall.
- Each junior member must have completed two honors
level science courses
- Each senior member must have completed three honors level science courses